Pages

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Wondering About the Venus Flytrap and the Tickle Me Plant -- Their Similarities Provoke Some Thoughts

As I was watching this video, the (mimosa pudica) plant in the video reminded me a lot of the Venus Flytrap -- because of the way that they both react and move, when prompted. I later watched a video with the Venus Flytrap in it, and read some comments about how it takes a lot of energy for the plant to open and close -- and how it is a waste of energy if it is prompted by a human finger (per example), simply for the amusement of the human being.

I then wondered about just how much energy wasting is involved in prompting the Tickle Me Plant, when it is 'tickled' -- for the sake of amusement.

Both plants -- the Tickle Me, and the Venus Flytrap (dionaea muscipula), are amazing and amusing because of the way that they react and move. I do wonder this: How would they react to each other, if they were simultaneously stimulated by each other. Would the Venus Flytrap devour the sensitive and shy-little Tickle Me Plant?

What do you think would happen?

Here is the Tickle Me Plant video:




                                     










                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              

2 comments:

Amanda Planta said...

I was never able to grow a fly trap but I found the TickleMe Plant easy to grow in The TickleMe Plant Greenhouse I found on line. From what I understand it can take a week sometimes or more for a venus flytrap to reopen. I love that the TickleMe Plant re-opens in minutes and won't hurt a fly but yea maybe they would make good friends.!

information zone said...

This is very intresting, You are a very skilled blogger. I have joined your feed and look forward to seeking more of your great post. If you wanna promote your own weblog you can do this here:
work from home network